Goldsmith / Jeweller Vacancy
may also be suitable for silversmith
with ute decker, artist jeweller, london
From October 2017 there will be a part-time opportunity for an experienced goldsmith / jeweller to join Ute Decker in her central London studio at . Ute Decker creates one-off and limited-edition sculptural and architectural pieces that are and can be found in important private and public collections. She is a leading proponent of the ethical jewellery movement.
Attention to detail are required for this hands-on bench role and the successful candidate will be working closely alongside the artist.
- technical proficiency and a minimum of 2 years prior experience in a jewellery workshop are essential
- preparing metals and finishing pieces
- bench tasks include filing (lots of filing of edges), texturing, soldering, cleaning, polishing
- you should be confident to work both independently and closely alongside the artist
- the role will be a minimum of 2 days per week – days can be flexible
- on occasion, on-site support at exhibitions and fairs
Additional Skills (not essential but a bonus)
- If you furthermore have good administrative skills, good computer and social media skills there would be an opportunity for a further 3 days a month assisting with office and administrative tasks to keep this busy practice well organised.
The successful candidate will be
- detail-oriented and patient, as most work involves completing a series of careful steps to the highest quality
- well organised, can multi-task and prioritise effectively, with meticulous attention to detail and quality
- a good problem solver with the ability to listen and learn
- pro-active with a positive approach
Competitive salary based on your skills and experience, starting £ 20.000 to £ 30 000 pro rata, p/a.
If you believe you can bring passion and meticulous attention to detail, we would like to hear from you.
Please send your CV and covering letter plus 5 images of your work which best show your technical skills to: email@example.com
Shortlisted applicants should be available for a practical interview on 13th October.
The position starts end of October 2017. Both interview and start dates may be flexible.
Application Deadline 11th October 2017.
For the above details, job description & requirements, please see: http://www.utedecker.com/vacancy.html
click to download
job description as pdf
tags: - goldsmiths jobs, jeweller jobs, production assistant jobs, jewellery bench jobs, jewellery studio assistant jobs, jewellery assistant job, goldsmiths vacancy, jeweller vacancy, jewellery bench vacancy, jewellery studio assistant vacancy, jewellery assistant vacancy