From Aug 2021 there will be a part-time opportunity for an experienced goldsmith / jeweller to join Ute Decker in her central London studio at Cockpit Arts. Ute Decker creates one-off and limited-edition award-winning sculptural and architectural pieces that are exhibited internationally. She is a leading proponent of the ethical jewellery movement.
Attention to detail is required for this hands-on bench assistant role and the successful candidate will be working closely alongside the artist.
- technical proficiency and a minimum of 2 – 3 years prior professional experience on the bench are essential
- preparing metals and finishing pieces
- bench tasks include filing (lots of filing edges), texturing, soldering, cleaning up pieces
- you should be confident to work both independently and closely alongside the artist
- on occasion, assistance during exhibitions and fairs
The successful candidate will be
- detail-oriented and patient, as most work involves completing a series of careful steps to the highest quality
- well organised, can multi-task and prioritise effectively, with meticulous attention to detail and quality
- a good independent problem solver with the ability to listen and learn
- pro-active with a positive approach
What is on Offer
Join a busy artist practice exhibiting internationally, based at Cockpit Arts, London’s leading studios for contemporary crafts. The position is for 2 days per week. (1-2 days probably more likely 2 days if exhibitions and fairs continue to re-open.) Days can be flexible. Ideally, start early in August 2021.
Competitive hourly rate depending on skills, efficiency, proactive and conscientious approach.
If you believe you can bring passion and meticulous attention to detail, I would like to hear from you. Please send your
CV and covering letter plus 5 images of your work which best show your technical skills
(images zoomed-in sufficiently to see quality of finish / technical skills)
Shortlisted applicants should be available for a practical interview 17th August. Both interview and start dates may be flexible.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch
firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 - 7354 4237
Application Deadline 16 August 2021
Early applications are encouraged